Old April 24th 10, 07:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
King's Crown[_3_]

Default how would you repair or save a nice lace knitted cotton shirt

"Olwyn.Mary" wrote in message
Olwyn.Mary wrote:
mirjam wrote:

How would you save /repair a nice lace knitted cotton shirt ?
i am looking at it i could `only` reknit` the hem ? but it will show
as this shirt has been worn and washed a lot , i could jut fold the
hem or i could sew some ribbon around it or knit some other lace ???
any ideas?
mirjam

I need some more details before I can suggest anything What, exactly, is
wrong? What color is it? What style? What thickness of yarn?

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

On further reflection...................could you perhaps add a crocheted
border to the hem, if that is where the problem lies? If you have an
appropriate yarn, you could perhaps do that plus add a similar border to
neckline and sleeve hems so that it looks planned, not added.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

That's what I was thinking. Maybe even crocheting around the sleeves
also... to tie it all together.

Lynne