Old July 6th 09, 04:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

Default How Sad!!

In message
, Dwyn
writes
well - I thought I'd de-lurk and say hi. I didn't realize that this
used to be a very active list - I'm sure I don't remember subscribing
to it - but I started getting little emails that there were posts. I
was very sorry to hear about the passing of Shannon Hill - I'm glad
someone posted it here.

I'm a lampworker in Canada - my interesting in beads and jewelry
started when I used to collect vintage costume jewelry and has sort of
gotten out of hand from there! I am closely associated with beadfx.com
- (disclosure - but I really do believe in the store so when I
recommend it - it is truly heartfelt!) which is a bead store in
Canada. It's online and a brick and mortar store - I do the website
and also teach lampworking classes. And I'm should be actually writing
my Monday blog post instead of reading here!

Shirley - you have my deepest sympathy on the heart and back thing.
That's a scary place to be - but you are right - living in pain is no
way to go.

My other obsession is dogs - I have 3. You have no idea what an effort
it is to stop there and not say more. ;-)

Welcome to the group, so good of you to de-lurk

We used to be really active, more than a 1000 posts at one time.
We had great fun doing swaps, making bracelets, necklaces and exchanging
them. Also had a wand swap.
Then we had BFNR ( beads for no reason) when we sent a package of beads
to someone we thought needed when.

I actually got the first package but it really was for a reason that
time. It was when I had the 6 stents put in my heart.
The card said From our hearts to your heart. I still have it and also
still a lot of the beads that came with it. Some are in jewellery and
other I still fondle.

We had a Shirley's Spoon club whereby I used to send an antique salt or
mustard spoon used for scooping up beads. I used to enclosed them in
parcels. I would get them from antique fairs.

How I wish that those day were back but I doubt if they ever will be.

I have a RCB gallery of peoples photos over my work bench and I can look
up and see them every day.
Hugs
Shirley
--