Old May 14th 06, 11:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default What to write on a quilt label

I usually say "made by" and my name, since I do my own quilting. On the
quilts made from blocks my mom embroidered, I say something like
"embroidery by" with her name and "assembled and quilted by" with my
name. If I use a pattern designed by someone else, I list the name and
designer of the pattern. If I adapt someone else's pattern, I say
something like "adapted from" with the name of the pattern & the
designer. I also write my city & state and the year I finished the
quilt. If the quilt is for a specific person, I may include their name
and the occasion. If someone else did the quilting, I would say
something like "top made by xxx" and "quilted by zzz".

Julia in MN

Betsy Ross wrote:
Names, places, dates are givens. But how do you identify the
contributions of those who worked on a quilt? A person designs an
original quilt, pieces or appliqués it, sends it to a longarmer, and
then binds and labels the quilt. "Quilted by" is an accurate
description for the longarmer, but how do you title the designer/sewer?

Interested to hear how others solve this problem.

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/