Old May 14th 06, 07:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default What to write on a quilt label

I don't know about how it would be in a show, but I do think that anyone
who does substantial work on a quilt should be acknowledged on the
label. See my only (finished) collaborative work:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...30878969HmUcrQ

When the round robins are done, their labels will have all names on too.
Only fair, no?

Anne in CA
annerudolph AT comcast DOT net
Disclaimer: Any errors in spelling, tact, or fact are transmission errors.
http://community.webshots.com/user/annerudolph3
http://www.frappr.com/rctq

Betsy Ross wrote:
Names, places, dates are givens. But how do you identify the
contributions of those who worked on a quilt? A person designs an
original quilt, pieces or appliqués it, sends it to a longarmer, and
then binds and labels the quilt. "Quilted by" is an accurate
description for the longarmer, but how do you title the designer/sewer?

Interested to hear how others solve this problem.