Old May 14th 06, 07:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default What to write on a quilt label

Yesterday I went to a small local quilt show that done with the
historical society in local old homes . Show was kind of disappointing
compared to previous years but was still fun and one sis and I had
a great day.
There were many quilts that appeared to be professionally done but I
never saw any mention of any machine quilter. I asked one white glove
lady and she said she knew some of the quilts had indeed been sent out
but she didn't know about any details of the quilts she was near.
There seem to be no hard and fast rules but there should be some way
to address this.
I'd like to hear too Susan. Good question. Thanks!
Taria

Betsy Ross wrote:
Names, places, dates are givens. But how do you identify the
contributions of those who worked on a quilt? A person designs an
original quilt, pieces or appliqués it, sends it to a longarmer, and
then binds and labels the quilt. "Quilted by" is an accurate
description for the longarmer, but how do you title the designer/sewer?

Interested to hear how others solve this problem.