Old December 20th 04, 11:50 PM
Louise

Brian, I generally call the strips of fabric between blocks sashing and the
strip(s) around the outside the border. That doesn't mean it's right,
though! I hadn't noticed the term sashing being used in any other way, but
I'll keep my eyes open for that. Maybe I've been wrong all these years!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

"Brian Christiansen" wrote in message
. ..
I like your stuff too.

Normally, I would call the stuff around the outside either a border or
"framing," but recently I have seen people on this group using the word
"sashing" for strips of fabric that are not blocks, and I am not quite
certain of the technical meaning of the term. Is it still "sashing" if it
goes around the blocks, or is it only "sashing" if it is interspersed
amongst the blocks?

Brian Christiansen

"A&T" wrote in message
nk.net...
Well, I don't know about sashing technically, but I think it is called a
border if it goes all the way around the quilt, but....

who cares what you call it. The quilt is beautiful and I'm sure it will

be
appreciated no matter how 'late' you think it is!!!

Tricia
http://photos.yahoo.com/momiixii