Old December 20th 04, 10:32 PM
A&T

Well, I don't know about sashing technically, but I think it is called a
border if it goes all the way around the quilt, but....

who cares what you call it. The quilt is beautiful and I'm sure it will be
appreciated no matter how 'late' you think it is!!!

Tricia
http://photos.yahoo.com/momiixii

"Brian Christiansen" wrote in message
. ..
I have finally finished a quilt I have been working on for...well I won't
say, but I will say it was supposed to have been a present for a holiday
that occurred well before Christmas. It is a Christmas, etc., present for

my
brother and his wife. The quilt is a simple fencerail, with the finished
size of each of the patches being 4" by 2", and a double row of sashing

(?)
around the outside. I wanted to make it big enough to fit a king size

bed,
so I made it 90" by 108", I hope that is big enough.

There is a picture of it at http://photos.yahoo.com/v_1brchr. It is in the
folder marked "christmas quilt". One is a picture of the whole quilt on a
bed in the guestroom. The others are closeups of it. One of them show the
sashing (?), or at least partly. Another shows the "jumping jack quilting"
pattern that I used in it. Much as I would like to take credit for coming

up
with the "jumping jack" pattern, it was out of a quilting magazine.

The blocks I hand quilted on a frame, you can see some of the stitching in
some of the pictures. For the outside sashing (?), I did some very big
stippling (which I am NOT going to post any pictures of), which was a

major
wrestling match with such a large quilt.

PS - I put a (?) next to the word "sashing" because I am not quite certain
if that is the proper term. Is it still sahing if it is around the

outside,
and not interspersed on the inside of the quilt in between the blocks.