Old April 11th 04, 05:51 PM

Aero Dust Spray

(Sally=A0Holmes)
Mira wrote:
My husband uses an aero dust spray to clean our computer keyboards. Is
there something like that to clean sewing machines? if there is/are,
what's the name of the brand or where can I buy it?
---
You're not supposed to use spray as it blows dust and fluff further
into the machine. Just use a brush (a stiff paintbrush will do, or you
can buy brushes fairly cheaply from sewing stores). If you really want
to use canned air, the sort that your husband uses for keyboards is
fine.
You're _really_ not supposed to blow into the machine, as that sends not
only fluff but also moisture from your breath deep into its crevices. Of
course, I never do it myself. Well, hardly ever. Not very often.
Oh, come on, we all do it, right?
Sally Holmes
Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England
---
It's a hard habit to break, Sally. After opening so many machines to
clean the dust out of them, though, I think the point is finally driven
home to me. I did buy a set of those too-cute miniature vacuum parts.
Ceaholding breath as she sews