Old November 2nd 03, 07:31 PM
Karlee in Kansas

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
ink.net...
| That is a good beginning. Do you have every McCalls' Needlework magazine
| back through 1960?

I was born in '76, but I think in one of my boxes somewhere I have every
pattern to every piece of clothes that my grandmas, my mom, and me all
made...does that count?

|Sufficient bread twists,

Two (gallon size) ziploc bags full. Never know when you are going to need
one.... I save them from the trash bag boxes too.

|rubber bands,

One gallon size ziplock bag and one bag I got from a mail man 3 years
ago---kept in freezer to protect longevity. (don't open the big bag...they
will scatter like bugs....)

|paper clips

I have a chain that will wrap around the house twice and a shoe box full of
500ct boxes, unopened

| and pieces of heavy cardboard just in case there's a shortage?

Saved half of the moving boxes for this purpose. They keep the floor of
the U-store_it unit warm until they are needed. I also have an unlimited
supply through my dad, who owns a liquor store.

| Crystal coasters,

not any crystal ones but I have an oodle of plastic canvas ones. They make
a good protective cover for the trunk that holds all my Horse magazines,
ranger rick mags from childhood and all of my nat geo mags.

| cutwork tablecloths for tables you don't have and will never,

Have 5 of them...family herilooms, can't part with em. they make a great
addition to my drawers in my china hutch with the other 2 sets of
silverware, and assorted taper candles that I have no candle sticks for
*yet*

|12 to 15 wooden salad bowls,

Mom keeps em at her house. She is afraid that I'll haul out my wood burner
and "decorate" them

| a spandex exercise suit,

Just one? I have 4...that I kept. Got rid of 6 ranging in size from
"little kid" to "elephant"

|22 tubes of hand lotion

Mike made me shed 20 full size bottles. I was allowed to keep my 5
favorites. I hid the purse size ones from him. I'm not admitting to how
many I have, but I will tell you that Bath & Body Works would be jealous.

| and at least one baby comb and brush?

Have 3 sets of them, not including the giraffe set that Erin got from her
Great Gramma

|Two ice crushers that never worked,

Only had one of them...sold it at the last yard sale for a quarter....but
only cause I was forced to...I could have fixed it.

|5 crockpots that are always the wrong size

2 minis and one full size (rarely used cause its a pain to wash). mom was
afraid of giving me more of them. I ruined one as a kid cause I used it to
melt wax for candles and crayons for new colors.

| and the handles for Tupperware pie takers that you could never find when
and if you toted a pie?

Have 4 handles, one case...but only the lid of the case.

I also have 2 boxes of tupperware lids cause I'm just sure that I'll find
the containers that they go with. I save butter tubs, sour cream tubs, and
cool whip tubs too.

| Just wondering. Polly

No problem. You honestly don't want to get me started on the
pens/pencils/markers that I *kept* or my massive paper fetish. I have
sticky pads, note pads of all sizes, note books of all sizes, miles of
construction paper, about 30 pads of graph paper. Mike swears I'm stocking
up in case they become extinct. This does not include my boxes of
cardboard inserts from toys and clothes.

Hugs
Karlee in Kansas
Queen of Packrats

~~
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't
matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss