Old March 11th 14, 10:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Leslie Frates

Default Eva Rosenstand Kit - Color Descriptions - Help

Hello--

I don't quite understand your query, but I want to use Usenet to see if
anyone can help me with this. I don't do Facebook, Twitter or any other
social media. If you have any suggestions as to how I can go about this in
a better method, I would be most appreciative.

Leslie

wrote in message ...

On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 15:09:39 -0700, "Leslie Frates"
wrote:

I need some expert advice and I'm hoping someone on this group can help me
out.

I am having a great deal of trouble with the floss color descriptions in an
old Eva Rosenstand Kit. It is Article #13-330, a bellpull with kittens.
The kit came from an estate sale and had never been opened or used, and
must
have been purchased in or directly from Denmark because it has the original
green store bag and no color picture of the finished item. It contained
the
linen, yellowed Danish/English/German instructions and chart, a very rusty
needle wrapped in a little paper packet with the Rosenstand spinning wheel
on it, a photocopied paper multilingual insert about washing instructions
and several bundles of floss, all apparently hand-tied. None of the
bundles
was numbered and there are no number designations on the chart for the
floss
colors. I know that there is an “old” Rosenstand number and a “new”
number,
but this kit must be so old as to have been produced before they started
putting numbers on the charts to refer to the colors. Most of the colors
were easy to differentiate because the color descriptions were very
obvious,
but the bundles were of little help to try to decipher what some colors are
being referred to because all the browns and grays were tied together.
There are such descriptions as DARKEST CHARCOAL GRAY, DARK CHARCOAL GRAY,
MEDIUM CHARCOAL GRAY, PALE CHARCOAL GRAY, DULL GRAY, DARK GRAY, PALE GRAY,
not to mention DARK BROWN, MEDIUM BROWN, DARK BEIGE BROWN, DARK BROWN
BLACK,
BEIGE, DARK SANDY BEIGE, etc. Since there is no color picture, I am
finding
it near impossible to differentiate the colors according to the
descriptions. I'm hoping against hope that someone out there in
Cyberstitchingland has done this bellpull and might have a list of the
named
colors with their “old” numbers (or even the new equivalent numbers) and
their associated chart symbols for this particular kit. I would love to be
able to use the floss that was included, but if there is a DMC color list
for this kit, it would be most helpful because I of course want everything
to be right. I have stitched many Rosenstand kits over the years as they
are my very favorite to stitch because of the clarity of the charts, the
artistic designs, and the gorgeous color combinations and blends, but all
those kits have had numbers to help the stitcher sort the floss properly.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help you can provide!

Leslie Frates
Hayward, CA

Hi Leslie

Are you actually using usenet or are you really posting to inspire
point ? Just curious. Thanks