Old March 21st 08, 12:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

Default experience question

Last summer I fused lettering on a wall hanging for a wedding gift. I'm
pretty sure I used the Steam-a-Seam-2, though it may have been Wonder
Under. Whatever it was specifically said it didn't have to be stitched
down, so I didn't. I washed it after it was done and the edges of the
letters were all curling a bit. Fortunately it was just the edges
loosening a bit, so I went back and stitched them all down and all was
well. This was the first time -- and the last -- that I use anything but
Heat'n'Bond Ultra if I don't want to stitch the edges down; I've never
had any problem with that releasing.

Julia in MN

Karen, Queen of Squishies wrote:
Is Steam-A-Seam 2 really good enough for fusible applique on a wall-hanging,
with no stitching of the edges of the pieces? I mean, I can't even budge it
when I scratch at it with my fingernail, BUT - I would feel better if I
heard it from someone with actual experience. And actually, this block will
be going into a quilt, I just remembered.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

--
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/