Old July 18th 04, 08:29 PM
dkat

I will try to clarify since you seem to not understand what I'm saying. I'm
actually offering a means of decreasing your bandwidth. I have had no
problem understanding MC6G or associating the glaze pictures with the
recipe. As I said, I am not verbally oriented but function spatially. I
did not suggest that you change your picture (a 4X4 matrix). I simply
suggested that things be grouped in a systematic way and initially in a less
verbose manner. You are offering a free service and as you have stated
there are those that have successfully used your page as is. You should be
commended. I am not offering criticism but simply feedback on how the page
would be legible for someone such as myself. It is certainly yours to use
or not use as you wish. Enough wasted bandwidth on this topic I think.
Sorry if I took it too far.

"ShantiP1" wrote in message
Directions are clearly given as to what tile is what recipe.
If you have a colored printer, you can just right button click to select

all
and then print the pages out. Then you could easily match the glazes with

the
recipes.
Most of the glazes are clearly described, ie. matt, glossy transparent,

etc.
and appropriate number given as well as the lettered version with oxide
additions for that particular version. It only takes scanning down the

page to
find it. Each page only has a few rows and there are only a few tiles in

each
row.
As I mentioned before, these sites only allow you so much band width which

is
why I give the base recipe and then later only give the number and the

oxides
for the version I'm referring to.. Also, it would have been a monumental

task
to scan each tile. There would be no time to make pots! LOL
I've had many people tests some of these glazes and some have written back

me that they are now including some in their palette. They just dug in and
started testing.
You will find the same problem to some extent in the Mastering cone 6

glazes
book, where they show a pot without listing the recipe and then you have

turn back a page or two to find the recipe and add note the colorants from

the
page where the picture is listed. This is not uncommon to do either in a

book
or on web pages where they limit your space.

Regards,
June
http://www.angelfire.com/art2/shambhalapottery/