Old July 18th 04, 07:49 PM
ShantiP1

Directions are clearly given as to what tile is what recipe.
If you have a colored printer, you can just right button click to select all
and then print the pages out. Then you could easily match the glazes with the
recipes.
Most of the glazes are clearly described, ie. matt, glossy transparent, etc.
and appropriate number given as well as the lettered version with oxide
additions for that particular version. It only takes scanning down the page to
find it. Each page only has a few rows and there are only a few tiles in each
row.
As I mentioned before, these sites only allow you so much band width which is
why I give the base recipe and then later only give the number and the oxides
for the version I'm referring to.. Also, it would have been a monumental task
to scan each tile. There would be no time to make pots! LOL
I've had many people tests some of these glazes and some have written back to
me that they are now including some in their palette. They just dug in and
started testing.
You will find the same problem to some extent in the Mastering cone 6 glazes
book, where they show a pot without listing the recipe and then you have to
turn back a page or two to find the recipe and add note the colorants from the
page where the picture is listed. This is not uncommon to do either in a book
or on web pages where they limit your space.

Regards,
June
http://www.angelfire.com/art2/shambhalapottery/