Old January 2nd 13, 12:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
mauday1

Default Has anyone ever MacGyvered way to have regular sewing machine hold thread cone?

replying to Craftsy , mauday1 wrote:
NoSpam wrote:

A couple of years ago or so, I saw a sale for cones of thread at a
very good price so I bought a couple. I've since never been able to
figure out how to use them on my regular sewing machine. When I went
around Xmas to fabric store, they told me that those were for sergers
and that I couldn't use them in any way on a regular sewing machine.

Well, I've never been one to believe something can't be done until
I've exhausted all avenues. I _still_ may not have figured out what I
can do to use the cones on the single slim spindle on my Singer but
thought maybe someone here had created something that would do the
job.

I thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

Has anyone figured out anything that works?

Thanks. D

-- HI

I found a thread stand at my fabric shop in the notions department. It
consists of
a base that a rod screws into, the rod has a curved piece
at top with an eyelet that the thread runs through.
This sits on your table and you thread your
machine as usual.
I hope this helps.