Old April 17th 08, 11:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.carving
Bill[_2_]

Default Carving knives

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 18:23:12 -0700 (PDT), randyswoodshoop
wrote:

As I start to look at new carving knives , the seems to be a lot of
choices out there.
Can anyone tell what knives are the best or what knvies they like the
most? Are Flexicut knives any good?

Randy
http://nokeswoodworks.com

You'll probably find almost as many answers as there are carvers out
there, but yes, flexcut knives and gouges are Very good. I've bought
several knives down through the years, but prefer my own homemade
knives. I like to use industrial hacksaw blades, but I saw one knife
made from a Dewalt sabre saw blade and was pretty impressed.

Warren blades/knives are pretty good too.

HTH
Bill