Old September 9th 04, 07:24 AM
Monika Schleidt

Bubbles wrote:
Hi guys!

You are being so quiet these days and I love to read from you - so starting
a topic I am pretty sure most of you will have input to!

What have been your biggest blunders? Either technical or practical - I
don't care - I just want to know what big mistakes you have made
(potterywise) and what you learned from them :-)

Mine up to now HAS to be making an oven dish with folded over handles, and
the handles made the dish too wide to go in the oven! Next dish is gonna
have handles straight up from the ends!

Years ago, while taking care of the studio at Bowie State University, i
was cleaning up the large table with buckets of glaze. What i didn't
realize at the time was, the table wasn't a table, it was a huge heavy
tabletop resting on two oildrums. I was pushing buckets from one side to
the other in order to wipe the surface underneath, when suddenly the
load was too heavy in the front and the entire tablatop with about 12
large buckets tipped over and crashed to the floor. (I was lucky i
didn't stand in front of it and got hit by the tabletop!) The mess was
beyond description!

Monika

--
Monika Schleidt

www.schleidt.org/mskeramik
(If you wish to send me a mail, please leave out the number after my name!)