Old September 8th 04, 11:58 PM
Jesse

While cleaning up the community studio, someone put a small bisqued pot into
the pug mill. Oops. We had to throw about 800lbs of recycled clay and
recovered about 30 dime sized pieces of bisquware. We reconstructed the
small pot as best we could and put it on display as a warning of what not to
do...

"annemarie" wrote in message

"Steve Mills" wrote in message
Mine was having a blackboard with chalk in my workshop to make notes
about orders while we still had very young children. They had a chalk
fight while I was in a different part of the building, and a lot of
chalk wound up in the reclaim bin, which was open, and was pugged in
with the new batch of clay. I found out about it when bits started
blowing out of the sides, bottoms, etc. of my pots. I had to bury half a
ton (500Kgs) of contaminated clay and start again. This was at a time
when we hadn't long been in business so money was short.
Needless to say blackboards, chalk, AND plaster are not allowed within
500 feet of my workshop under any pretext what-so-ever!

Steve
Paranoid, in
Bath
UK

Oh my gosh!!!
I can't think of any thing like that. I made all the normal mistakes of

the
beginner like lifting a dry green bowl by the rim (left holding rim only)
making HEAVY pots. One time I made a composite pot, very complicated,
upside down bowl, figures holding up another bowl, then underglazed it,

had
dreams of a masterpiece ) Then lifting it into the kiln bumped into the
kiln shelf and the whole thing slowly fell apart in my hands. I jumped up
and down on it.
Oh well just wonder what my next big mistake will be.
Annemarie