Old April 17th 15, 02:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

Default Need a free newsgroup reader

On 4/16/2015 8:53 PM, Lizzy Taylor wrote:
On 14/04/2015 18:46, Dreamweaver wrote:
On Monday, April 13, 2015 at 3:09:38 PM UTC-5, Lizzy Taylor wrote:
Dreamweaver

OK, what program do you use for your email? I use Thunderbird, so that
is the one I can help with most easily, but I'll have a shot at helping
you if you use something else.

Lizzy

For email I use Outlook.com. I also use Chrome on Windows 7.

Thanks for the help,
Dreamweaver

Hi Dreamweaver,

I have looked into using outlook.com for reading newsgroups and it
doesn't look like there is a good, simple, solution. Your best bet may
well be to download Thunderbird
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/ and then follow the
instructions I put together for Pat. You can then use Thunderbird for
reading rctq and other newsgroups as you like and still use outlook.com
for email.

Sorry not to be more help,

Lizzy

I use thunderbird for RCTQ, as well as for all my mail. You can set it
up for multiple accounts. DH & I both have e-mail accounts with our ISP
and I have a gmail account. I have my yahoo mail (I'm on a couple yahoo
groups) forwarded to gmail so that also shows up in thunderbird. I
wasn't able to get thunderbird to work directly with yahoo. Nice to have
everything in one place.

Julia in MN