Old December 25th 13, 01:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
David Scheidt

Default Is fusible tape the answer for hemming pants?

Bill wrote:

:I have about 20 suits and a good 6 of them have at least one of the
ants leg hems in some state of unsew-dom. For those of you who have
:this, it sometimes gets worse when you put the pants on because you can
:catch your foot in the gap and rip even more threads out. I will either
:have to leave a bunch of my suits out of commission while they're being
:repaired or try to learn to do it myself (which is probably going to

It should take a dry cleaner less than five minutes a pair to fix
them. Call, and you can probably arrange to have it done while you
wait.

To answer your question: fusible tape is absolutely the wrong thing to
use on trouser hems. It will change how the leg hangs, and fits
around a shoe.

--
sig 67