Old July 19th 15, 03:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default Bear Mountain Quilt

Am I the only one that has these bad days where everything you do is wrong?
I got my two different blocks done and the blocks that I did the applique on gave me the beginning of my problems. The applique made them shrink so when I put the two blocks together I am short by say 2/8 inch. Have you ever shorten a block that has half squares and flying geese on the edges? Each row the blocks are reversed. Need I say any more. The borders were cut from 4 yards of vertical repeats of the same pattern or so I thought but found some were 6 1/2 inches wide and some 6 inches and I had already cut out the 4 corner blocks which now did not fit. The next screw up took place when adding those new cut corners, cut the border, then realizing I had not allowed for the seam allowance. Now I had to patch this place. I was so mad at myself. The only thing that kept me sane was that the quilt was for charity. Who ever gets it should not mind a few errors.
Sandy$