Old November 7th 04, 02:55 AM
hfw

Hmm... I've never noticed anything that sounded as if Viking was saying the
sensor foot machines made the walking foot unnecessary. To me they seem like
apples and oranges. If they have said something to that effect, like you I
disagree--the walking foot is very helpful for some applications. (I've got
the D1)

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

"Donna in Idaho" (remove spam) wrote in message
I know Viking says you don't need a walking foot with the new sensor foot
machines, but I don't agree. I use my walking foot a lot for quilting and
attaching binding. I have the Designer II machine. Strangely, even though
they say that, they sell a quilting kit that includes the walking foot.

As far as the extension is table, I stick a piece of blue masking tape
across the base of the machine to keep the table from mvoing around.
Works great!
--
Donna Aten, Coordinator
Project Linus - Boise/SW Idaho Chapter

"Patti" wrote in message
Hullo Marissa
I have only just traded in my Viking, so I can tell you from experience
(my memory has not gone that far yet!)
I would have been lost without the walking foot. I rarely do dressmaking
any more, so never got to use the buttonholer. I couldn't bear to use
the horseshoe gripper, now the extension table, because it kept moving (I
daresay I could have stuck it down with something, but I didn't find it
necessary). I would have preferred an open foot to the darning foot that
came; but I persevered.
.
In article , DrQuilter
writes
my viking came wi+h an expensive looking bu++onhole foo+ bu+ no walking
foo+ or acrylic aplique foo+. +he dealer promised I don'+ need +he
walking foo+, which cos+s around 85 bucks, or any o+her par+ of +he
quil+ers ki+ (for example she said she ha+es +he +hingy +he sell +o
manouver +he quil+ sandwich around - wai+, i+ is called 'Free motion
guide grip' -
http://www.sewing-world.co.uk/sewing...t_quilters.htm).
she did +hrow in a 1/4" foo+ wi+h a lip and gave me a darning/s+ippling
foo+ for half price.

any of you viking owners willing +o agree or disagree wi+h +hose
s+a+emen+s? how abou+ +he open foo+ for s+ippling, e+c.?

I have a feeling I am never going +o use more +han one of +he fee+ +ha+
came wi+h i+ and ins+ead would use a bunch of +he o+hers much more. why
don+ sm machine manufac+urers in general le+ you choose a range of 5 fee+
you really will use ins+ead of +he 5 or 6 +hey +hink you'll need (which i
couldn'+ name if you asked me +o - I +hink one is a zipper foo+ bu+ +ha+
is abou+ i+?

+here was a lady buying a lesser model +ha+ i am sure would have happily
+raded a walking foo+ for +ha+ bu++onholer....

also, do you +hink i+ would be wor+h i+ +o sell +he generic walking and
darning foo+ I was using in ebay

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill