Old July 11th 03, 10:16 PM
Patti

Or even boil it, so I understand?
..
In article , Lynne in Toronto
writes
If I can be of any assistance...just wash the wool the way you are NOT
supposed to...warm to hot water, throw it in the dryer...et voila!

Off for the weekend to QUILT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynne in Toronto

"M. Wetmore" wrote:

All of a sudden I have been bitten by the "felted wool" bug. I have
so many cure "folk art" style wall hangings made from felted wool, I
decided I need to make one for myself. Actually, I have a great
pattern I would like to make. It is the head of a cat with a bird
sitting on his head. But, I have found that felted wool is very
expensive. So, here's my question. How do you felt wool and can you
felt any wool. ie...can I go to a thrift store and buy wool clothing
and then felt the wool?

Mardi
Real e-mail address spelled out to prevent spam. mardi at mardiweb dot com.

My Quilting page: http://www.mardiweb.com/quilts/MardiQuilts.html
Paint Shop Pro tutorials: http://www.mardiweb.com/web
Low-Fat Lifestyle Forum: http://www.mardiweb.com/lowfat

--