Old March 26th 10, 02:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
claudia

Default Press left, press right

Well now ain't that nice!!!

I have secretly been pressing open most of my seams since I started
this latst addiction (piecing and quilting) a few years ago. However,
since the consensus always seemed to be to press seams to one side, I
quietly went my own way and never told anyone anything! Works fine for
me. This is what I'm used to doing with seams. Read an article
yesterday in this month's Qulter Magazine (arrived in my mailbox
yesterday) on stitching in the ditch. As that is the quilting I use
mostly, I was interested to see that the author says that seams have
to be pressed to one side otherwise you're only stitching on threads
rather than fabric. Maybe so, but all the stuff I've done to date is
none the worse for wear!

So glad to finally be able to come out into the open and admit that I
like to press my seams open and not have to feel guilty about it any
longer!!!

Oh and yes, I also lick my floass when I cross stitch (bite me if you
dare!)

And I pich off raw pieces of cookie dough or cake batter when baking
(and I use real eggs, not the artificial stuff) so sue me!

Here's to you, quilt police; go find someone else to make miserable!

Claudia