Old March 26th 10, 08:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DiMa

Default Press left, press right

I do that Polly, my left over habits from when I used to make all my
families clothes.
I also pin before, in the middle and at the end, another habit - even to the
extent that if I am uncomfortable with the seam, I will even baste it. I
also sew over the very point of the pins, and never had one break the needle
yet....

"Open pressing just works so much better for me. Conclusion? Let's all
go out and break some rules. After all . .. there's a full moon. Polly"

I'll second that.

--
Di
I'm creative! You can't expect me to be neat too.

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
We've all heard the Quilt Police. Press this way; press that. Aim toward
the feed dogs, aim away. Pin before and aft and in the middle. Sew over
pins. Don't.
I've declared myself an 'expert'. For those of you who don't know, an
expert is someone 50 miles away from home with a briefcase.
Bringing forward my dress making experience and my heirloom sewing
along too - I have decided to ignore the rules and press my quilt
piecing/block seams open.
Yes.
I have.
Just in case that would make the seam endings weaker or more prone to
come undone, I've set my stitch length a little shorter.
Ta-Dah.
I've just make a quilt top of something so sweet: Tweetie Bird on
bright yellow combined with a batik of Blue Jay blue. Every ... need to
HOLLER he corner. Every one of them is pretty perfect.