Old December 31st 04, 05:59 PM
Roberta Zollner

Just tear off a piece big enough for your quilting design and trace it on
the un-sticky side with a pigma pen. The Press & Seal clings to the book
page while you trace, pulls away clean, and then sticks to the fabric.
Stitch through the design to quilt, then tear it away. Very good for
block-size motifs, but of course you wouldn't need it for doing long
straight lines.
Roberta in D

"Christina In Ok" wrote in message
Now this is new to me, how does this help with Free Motion Quilting, how
do you get the pattern on the press and seal?

Sandy Foster wrote:
I've just begun free motion quilting on a top I've had waiting. I had no
idea how I was going to mark this one; the background is black and some
of the other colors are rather pale, so the marking is a bit tricky.
However, I remembered that some of you had recommended Press 'n Seal as
a sort of template for machine quilting, so I gave it a try. Wow! Yes,
it's sort of a pain to get the stuff off after quilting, but it's no
worse than taking off tracing paper. And the PnS sticks to the fabric,
eliminating the need for pins! I'm sold! Yippee!