Old December 31st 04, 04:52 PM
Roberta Zollner

I've used pigma pen with no color transfer. Give it a minute to dry before
stitching. If you want to use P&S over dark fabrics, a fine silver metallic
permanent pen works great, shows up well.
Roberta in D

"Sandy Foster" wrote in message
In article ,
"nbhilyard" wrote:

Use a Sharpie marker.

Caveat: Sharpie can rub off. Best if you try to stitch next to, not
directly on top of, the marked lines.

I used PnS with a turquoise Sharpie to mark a border on white fabric.

Some
of the turquoise transferred to the white. I took out what I had

stitched,
then put the PnS on the *back* of the quilt and sewed from the back

side.
(I always use busy fabric on the backs of quilts to camouflage

deficiencies
in my quilting.) I dabbed a cotton swap in dilute bleach and applied

that
to the turquoise marks -- also applied Zout (laundry pretreatment)

liberally
to the white border when I washed the quilt. Turned out just fine.

Nann

I'm wondering if a Pigma pen would also work well? I haven't tried that
yet. Or even one of the washout pens, if the color would show up -- that
way you'd know it would wash out if there were any transference!

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
ink.net...
It works pretty well on Christmas feast leftovers too. Polly

"Sandy Foster" wrote in message
I've just begun free motion quilting on a top I've had waiting. I

had no
idea how I was going to mark this one; the background is black and

some
of the other colors are rather pale, so the marking is a bit tricky.
However, I remembered that some of you had recommended Press 'n Seal

as
a sort of template for machine quilting, so I gave it a try. Wow!

Yes,
it's sort of a pain to get the stuff off after quilting, but it's no
worse than taking off tracing paper. And the PnS sticks to the

fabric,
eliminating the need for pins! I'm sold! Yippee!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1