Old June 6th 06, 03:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default Twelve dollars

Jangchub wrote:
I already sent you a break down of what I had to buy and you know
exactly how much I spent. I was acknowledging the recipt of your
mail. I didn't want to send you an email, so I did this here.

Sorry Vic, but I have never received anything from you outlining your
expenses for this project. You must have sent an e-mail or *someone* on
the group would have seen the post and likely mentioned it. Other than
sending you more money to cover the cost of the DMC, I'm not sure just
what you would like me to do.
I had hoped that this could be dealt with privately but that doesn't
seem to be what you would prefer. I'm sure many in the group would
prefer that this be handled privately in e-mail but I don't think that
would be wise now. Better it is dealt with publicly where how WE deal
with each other can be held up to public scrutiny.
I shall go on the record by saying that I sent Victoria $12.00 to
cover the cost of the 42 skeins of DMC floss called for in the chart. I
know that the chain stores often sell floss at 4/$1.00 and that is how I
determined that $12.00 would likely be adequate. Since Vic has
proclaimed long and loudly that she would never set foot in Ginger's
(the only LNS anywhere near where she lives) I knew that she hadn't
bought the floss there and paid the more expensive price that LNS must
charge for DMC (and this is why I said most LNS don't sell DMC but
Anchor instead). If people think I didn't send Vic enough money then I
will gladly send her additional money to cover the cost of what the
chain stores sell DMC for at full cost.
I returned all of the Needlepaints fibers, the small individual
baggies for the floss bobbins, the metal rings the baggies were on and
the virtually brand new replacement chart that Janet had bought. Janet
had already sent Vic a brand new laminated chart to replace the one that
Vic had originally had laminated and sent along with the project. I
have said repeated that I don't feel Vic needs to be reimbursed for any
of the copies of the chart that she says she sent to everyone on the
rotation list.
Except for the floss bobbins, Vic now has everything she originally
provided or money to cover replacement costs. Carolyn has the bobbined
floss and will send Vic the bobbins as soon as possible.
I'm honestly not sure what else I can do at this point except ignore
the mean, nasty posts and that's not going to happen. Just remember that
I WILL NOT allow any meanness to go unanswered. I am honestly trying
not to be any sort of negative but I will not "turn the other cheek" any
more. I have been slandered and vilified far too often to allow it to
continue unanswered. If the group has any *constructive*
recommendations (no, I won't just let it pass -- sorry), then please
share them.

--
PAX, Tia Mary (RCTQ Queen of Kitties) ^;;^
their WHISKERS!