Old July 16th 09, 04:32 AM posted to sci.optics,sci.research,sci.physics,sci.chem.coatings,rec.crafts.glass
Gas Bag

Default Query regarding glass surfaces? - Anti fog products?

Green

Thanks for your reply…..and all the others. I’m well aware there are
a whole variety of anti-fog liquids/gels/waxes available. In fact
there’s a particular brand that I use for masks/goggles - it’s
absolutely amazing, and I swear by it. (I’m more than happy to let
you know, but I don’t want to seem like an advertisement for them)
But what I’m trying to do is achieve a permanent effect that is 100%
effective; there already is some technology out there that does
exactly that. Take a look:

http://www.abc.net.au/ra/innovations...s/s1213247.htm

As fogging on glass/plastic surfaces is caused by water’s surface
tension, I thought perhaps a very slightly rough surface might help
break the surface tension of the tiny water droplets. I’m guessing
probably not, but there’s no harm in asking.

Regards

Gas Bag