Old July 16th 09, 02:42 AM posted to sci.optics,sci.research,sci.physics,sci.chem.coatings,rec.crafts.glass
Salmon Egg

Default Query regarding glass surfaces?

In article
,
JimboCat wrote:

Rough-surfaced glass isn't glare-free: it just distributes the glare
over a larger area, making it less obnoxious. And I doubt it has any
effect at all on condensation. Anti-reflection coatings do a better
job of glare-reduction.

All I can add is that the use of this glass has the rough surface close
to the picture. If there were a big gap, contrast would be lost. With a
small gap, the scattered light seems to come from where it would be
scattered by the picture surface anyway, It does mean that a picture
with glossy features would be degraded.

Bill

--
Most people go to college to get their missing high school education.