Old April 8th 10, 06:04 PM
Micki Micki is offline
Junior Member

Default I'll bet you've not heard this sewing machine problem before

I bought a used Babylock sewing machine (not a serger) at a yard sale for $40. The yard sale was at a storage unit that had been abandoned and the property owner was selling off the contents. It looked okay, the owner let me plug it in and use it long enough to determine that it was working. I took the machine home and cleaned it, then opened it up to oil it. There was a NEST OF ROACHES inside the machine!!! I saw tiny ones, medium ones, and big ones...............alive. Of course the first thing I did was carry it outside to my back yard and sprayed the blazes out of it with ant and roach spray. Now I am wondering do I even want this machine? That is, if the spray hasn't killed the electronics and/or motherboard. What would you do? Would you keep the machine if you could determine that the roaches were dead and gone? Do you think it would help to use an air compressor (my hubby has one) and blow the machine out? Taking the machine back is NOT an option. There were signs up all over saying "All sales final". I can't in good conscience sell this machine to anyone without disclosing the disgusting details........and frankly.....who would want it knowing that?
Any suggestions would be welcome.