Old February 21st 16, 02:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
[email protected]

Default adjusting timing of hook on Pfaff 130

On Thursday, April 17, 2003 at 9:24:32 AM UTC-5, Joa wrote:
Just bought a Pfaff 130 and would like to adjust the timing of the
hook myself (yaa yaa, I know, bring it in to a shop, but that's just
not me- I try to always learn about the stuff I own and work on it
myself whenever possible).

There are good instructions in the manual but I don't quite know some
of the parts they are referring to and really hoping someone here can
help.

On P 16 of the manual it shows a picture of the bobbin area and has
letters (from top to bottom) of AKBPFNQS. Anybody help me know what
each of these is by chance? How about the locations of the "hook",
"base stop", and "hook shaft"?

Thanks a bunch!

Joa

I have done quite a few of these Pfaff 130 machines. Y ou do not need any fancy tools to set the timing. You should have a Service Manual for it if you plan on servicing it yourself. They are very hard to find, but, if you go to youtube.com & enter in PHAFF 130 Needle bar adjustment & Vince Acuri it will bring up his little tutorial of how to set the timing & needle bar adjustment. You really need to check Needle bar height & square the needle stop notch to the front edge of the machine bed, must be perfect per Service Manual, before you time it. Vince has a service manual that you can read on the video. I've done a few & is not a hard job just tedious & time consuming. These are the best machines ever made, in my opinion. I've done a lot of auto upholstery, boat covers, etc. with mine & it still runs like new. good luck.