Old July 8th 03, 02:53 PM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

| On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 07:51:04 -0400, Mike Hardie wrote:

Oh my word! Now THAT sounds weird! What was it? Some type of
chainmail? Did it turn out nice?
Joy

I have knit with fine, color-coated wire on my little tube knitter but not
my flatbed machine. On the tube knitter it turns out very slinky and makes
fun jewelry. I've even put beads inside the tube for an interesting "caged"
effect. I have seen a triangle knit on the flat bed being used as a
necklace. Looks a bit like mail, yes. I plan to try that one for myself one
of these days. Combined with yarn, a thin wire would ad stiffness for
sculptural forms in garments or accessories.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/