Old July 7th 07, 02:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DA[_2_]

Default Please could you all Delete part of those LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG letters

"nickie{D}" wrote in message
LOL - I'm finding it fascinating how different different newsgroups can
be! The other one I asked about it in is strongly of the opinion that
top-posting is the work of the devil!

snippage

Actually, in some people's opinion you aren't far from the truth. BG
Outlook Express (Microsoft) is the only email client of which I am aware
that doesn't automatically insert the reply below the message, and has no
option to change this setting. Ergo, the evil empire at Microsoft has
determined top posting is the desired way to reply.
The new email client in Vista, Windows Mail, does give you the option of
adding a reply at the top or bottom of a message.
The logic behind bottom posting is you are replying to a previous message,
pages are read from top to bottom, not the other way around.
DA