Old July 7th 07, 09:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Please could you all Delete part of those LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGletters

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Thank you JAN ,,,,
you grabbed this from my aching fingers ,,,

I don't do just one thing -- if I am just quoting a tiny bit, I
bottom-post, if I am addressing multiple parts of a previous post, I
intersperse quoted material and my comments, and if I am quoting a
larger segment for reference purposes, I top-post.

But my first online experience was with hobbyist bulletin board systems
on a 2400 bps modem, and my habits were formed at that speed, where it
takes a LOOOONG time to even download text, so thrifty quoting was the
rule of the day, and even on my first Usenet access on someone's Unix
box at the same 2400 bps speed, if you quoted more than some percentage,
you'd get a warning message saying something to the effect that you are
taking up a lot of bandwidth by repeating previous messages, which can
be considered rude, and do you really want to do that?

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.