Old November 13th 06, 12:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Val

Default seamstress 1320F

"Richard Hathaway" wrote in message
news:31f0a60f84a8ac6a64201cc7bdbc9f5b.26492@mygate .mailgate.org...

Since it's a slow and really nasty, stormy day with nothing good on TV and
I'm in an "I don't wanna do nuthin" mood I have been searching the web for
your machine. From what I can tell the official brand name of your machine
is Viscount 1320F. It's apparently a heavy duty straight stitch and zig-zag
model; probably where the 'seamstress' part comes in, perhaps made for heavy
use. It seems to have been made in Japan but imported and sold through the
Singer Manufacturing Company in England for a brief period. I couldn't find
any exact dates but from what I surmised after reading what I could find
this was done for only a few years before WWll. There is now a UK company
that sells Viscount knitting and sewing machines. I couldn't find any
historical connection between the Singer Company and the present Viscount
company. I can't tell where they now manufacture, UK or Japan. Some of the
newer machines are tagged with "Indonesia".

You might try contacting the Viscount Company, now known as the Silver
Viscount Company and see if they could possibly help you out. There is an
address, email and phone numbers for contacts listed on their site.

http://www.silverviscount.co.uk/

Good luck!

Val