Old April 4th 18, 04:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default Sykhook's String Stand is GREAT!!!

On Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at 7:45:39 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Greetings from Ontario, Canada.

Long ago (and not so far away) I came across the fantastic Skyhook string stand. I still use one from time to time. I don't have time to scroll through all of the messages looking for an active link to the instructions, and was wondering if anyone knows where one could find a working link or instructions on how to 'build one' wink, wink? I would love to share it on, yep, FB, with proper credit to the designer. I know this is a long shot; however it is worth taking the time to send out this message. Been reading through some of the messages, old and new, and it reminds me that once our hobby/obsession was so well supported by real shops and lovely people. Sigh

FB can be fun, it can also be one giant soap opera. It does let me stay in touch with my far-flung family members, including grandchildren and long-lost cousins, so there is that.

Hi RoseMary,
Interesting that you should post this, because I was talking to another rctn poster recently about just this thing! Here's a link for you:
http://www.foundcollection.com/19_3b...d79848f7_1.htm It might be a good idea to ask Helen for permission, first.

I don't do FB (and am especially glad I don't with the recent revelations!).. I wish it had never been invented because my son & daughter had a disagreement on FB which then got blown all out of proportion by so-called "friends" sticking their noses in where they didn't belong. This happened a few years ago and they're just now barely able to speak to each other.

Joan (still doing rctn on Google Groups. )