Old September 10th 06, 03:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
elderberry22

Default Paternayan yarn numbers

bungadora wrote:
Ah well. A bit of distortion is almost a given with continental. I
think the degree depends on the quality of the canvas and the frame.
Long stitch is nice that way. Almost no distortion.

I always wondered how well those dolls would stand up as a 3D. McCalls
used to publish and re-publish patterns later in special editions, and
I think that is where I have that pattern. I'll have to take a look
later to see if I still have it, or whether I disposed of it in one of
my ruthless cleaning streaks.
Dora
http://www.picturetrail.com/bungadora

Susanne Hackbarth wrote:
"bungadora" wrote in message
oups.com...
The dolls? I remember that one.
Dora

Yes, to the Dolls, what a good memory! I wish I had all three finished
after all these years. I only have a few rows of the green at the very
bottom to finish, and then the braid wrapped around the top of her head. I
just noticed the top of her head should have been done in continental
stitch. Maybe when it is washed and blocked it won't be distorted? I might
just frame this rather than make the doll.

Susanne

Got my magazine. Old 520= New 611. Hope this helps.