Old August 5th 03, 03:12 AM
Sharon Harper

Sounds like the group I want to join! Maybe create a "kiddy corner" with
their own plastic needles and fabric squares where they can "sew" too if
they want. Or just some toys, heck even a video!

Help out the ladies who need help (I wish I'd been able to find a helper) as
much as they need it but if they appear to need babying along perhaps
mention that you teach quilting classes and invite them along. Or if there
are several ladies who want to attend a class perhaps offer one at a nominal
sum.

Lemme know how it goes.

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
"frood" wrote in message
.com...
OK, I asked this question at my Quilt University discussion forum (class

is
on teaching quilting classes), but I didn't like the tone of the

I know this group much better, so I know how to judge your responses

better.

Here's the thing. After my (highly successful) book club meeting, several

of
the neighborhood women suggested a quilting group. Since some of the women
are complete beginners, they may need some help getting started. I thought
the group would be a good place for this to happen. I am happy to help in
any way I can, including teaching somebody how to make a quilt. However,

my
QU class is all "don't be taken advantage of" and "you'd better charge

money
for that" and that sort of thing.

I would like to start a quilting group around here. I'm interested in a
group that meets at least once a month, does show and tell, perhaps offers
opportunities for creating group or individual charity quilts, and does

like
a secret santa kind of thing at Christmas. People could bring something to
work on, or not, as they wish. I want a casual group, where kids can tag
along if childcare is unavailable for members.

Thoughts? Advise?

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply