Old August 4th 03, 02:34 AM
Liz and Steve Ford

Hi Wendy,
thought I'd put my two bits in as am doing both. I used to teach at my
retail premises and charged for the class. When I closed the retail,the
classes wanted to continue, the day classes I charged for as it was my
income and the night one which I wasn't that keen on being held to (going
out at night and teaching can be quite hard), formed a group that meets once
a week at different houses. They still ask me for advise and help with
planning but I get advise back along with the flexibilty of not having to
go, should I be sick or just plain tired. I have recently left a office
position and my night group has asked me to start teaching again - being
paid. So I am in the mist of organising premises for my classes.
Hope this is some help

Liz Perth WA
"frood" wrote in message
.com...
OK, I asked this question at my Quilt University discussion forum (class

is
on teaching quilting classes), but I didn't like the tone of the

I know this group much better, so I know how to judge your responses

better.

Here's the thing. After my (highly successful) book club meeting, several

of
the neighborhood women suggested a quilting group. Since some of the women
are complete beginners, they may need some help getting started. I thought
the group would be a good place for this to happen. I am happy to help in
any way I can, including teaching somebody how to make a quilt. However,

my
QU class is all "don't be taken advantage of" and "you'd better charge

money
for that" and that sort of thing.

I would like to start a quilting group around here. I'm interested in a
group that meets at least once a month, does show and tell, perhaps offers
opportunities for creating group or individual charity quilts, and does

like
a secret santa kind of thing at Christmas. People could bring something to
work on, or not, as they wish. I want a casual group, where kids can tag
along if childcare is unavailable for members.

Thoughts? Advise?

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply