Old November 25th 09, 06:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Olwyn.Mary

Default Care Instructions for knitted items

DA wrote:
Does anyone else put in a ball band from the yarn used to knit the item
when it is a gift? I have found this is much easier than attaching a
tag with care instructions.

DA

My family (on both sides) has done this for generations. Not only do we
include the label for the yarn, we also include any leftover - even if
it is an entire ball - so that if repairs are needed in future, matching
yarn is at hand. I once found this invaluable when my dh managed to
tear a hole in a sweater knit by his cousin. I was able to make a
perfect repair.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.