Old June 7th 04, 10:47 PM
sewingsusan

Better yet, I'm enjoying having someone else do the preliminary research for
this month's EGA column. I still have to review the sites myself, but you
saved me having to think of a topic and search for sites.

Cool! You will send me a copy of the article?? :-)

I had an email exchange with Ann Chaves this AM and she told me that
she is moving her studio from her home to a commercial space with a
small needlework store. It should be ready to open it's doors in
August. She has also tracked down sources for silk embroidery thread
which is very similiar to that which was in the Arts & Crafts Period
embroidery kits. Here new kits for next fall will include silk
threads. Lastly, she will continue to offer a series of
classes/workshops on embroidery in the Arts & Crafts Period, including
designing classes and Wm Morris Embroidery Classes. After she moves
to her new site she will be holding the classes in her studio space.

If you email Ann with your snail mail address she will send you a
schedule of her workshops and a catalog of her kits. She has the only
"Arts & Crafts Period" kits for dresser scarfs and table runners, that
I know of. Plus, she will switch out the cotton perle thread for silk
on her existing kits, for an additional charge.

Karen - Where in CA do you live? How close is it to Pascedina? (I
know I spelled that wrong!) I talked to my friend Lisa this
afternoon, and we are seriously considering a trip to California next
fall to visit Ann's studio and attend her workshops. My friend will
use any excuse for a trip out to CA and her husband does plenty of
flying for work, so she has extra frequent flyer miles to burn.

In the mean time I will order one of Ann's kits, but have her switch
out the threads with silk - because I feel silks are more "special"
;-)

Blessings,
Susan Davis