Old February 22nd 15, 10:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat on the Green

Default OT A bit chilly...

So glad it was 'just' a cold.
You would think with all the amazing advances in medical science, that
they would have found a cure for the common cold by now! I expect the
doctor was nervous of it 'developing' so she was covering all the bases g.

Go on taking care though.

Pat on the green
..
On 22/02/2015 19:07, NightMist wrote:
The night after I originally posted, the temperature without windchill
got down to -25F.
Thankfully it has not gotten that cold again!
We have had sub-zero double digits, but only low double digits.
We've gotten some snow, but not off the lakes so it hasn't been dire. We
have 5-10 inches in the current forecast, and that is not at all unusual
for here.

I was right! I just have a cold. A miserable snot filled cold, but just
a cold. Of course the doctor is all "A-ha! we caught it right before it
turned into something awful!" Oy.
I never even opened the inhalers (TWO!) that she prescribed. "As needed"
is a pretty vague instruction. It seems awfully counterintuitive to be
using bronchodilators when you are full of flem too. You know, let's
open the air passages wide so you can inhale all the gunk more easily.
Seems an expectorant would be more sensible.

NightMist