Old February 15th 15, 04:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Default OT A bit chilly...

Well we have broken out the quilts, afghans, sweaters and anything else
that might keep us warm!

At 10:20 of a Sunday morning it is -9 degrees F, with a -21 F windchill.
That is approximately -23 C with a -29 C windchill for all you metric
folks.

Our insulation is for crap too.
The cats are waffle ironing themselves on the furnace grates.
The only truly warm place in the house is my little greenhouse, a six
foot tall rolling shelf array with a plastic coat where I have set a
little space heater on the bottom shelf to make it warm enough inside to
sprout peppers. I watered them this morning and just wanted to crawl in
there with them.
All the taps are dripping, where we do not have door snakes we have
stuffed towels and tablecloths and what have you up against the bottom.
The windows are plasticed over, but we are considering papering them over
as well.
Outside we already made sure the roses were well covered with snow. That
should at least make sure the windchill doesn't do them in. If they do
take a lot of damage, well they are own root and should come back from
this in a couple of years.

I hope you folks further north of us are doing what you can to stay warm!

NightMist