Old July 27th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Georgia

Default lego knitting machine

When my son was 10 (19 years ago!) they came out with gear assemblies for
lego. THis machine makes considerable use of them. I don't think there are
any round parts (though there are some round lego pieces (little spacemen we
still have), but there must be some sort of hook to keep the yarn from
slipping--I'll try to take another look. Anyway, the smallest lego pieces
are about 3/16" square, and the machine doesn't have much tension, so that
is why the knitted cord is knitted so loosely.

Georgia

"David R. Sky" wrote in message
. bc.ca...
Hi Georgia,

I used Lego when I was a kid - all square and rectangular pieces, I assume
they've got round pieces now? The image your descriptions put in my head

are
hilarious, like some nineteenth-century gizmo a mad scientist made lol!

David

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, Georgia wrote:

OKay, I watched the video (couldn't find it at first). It's pretty

amazing.
I guess it doesn't fall apart BECAUSE it's battery-operated, and no

clumsly
hands are touching it. Still, getting everything to balance so the parts
that work by gravity work right takes a lot of engineering!

Georgia