Old December 5th 07, 01:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Bob Masta

Default Talc!

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 23:38:51 -0500, "D Kat"
wrote:

I can formulate glazes. I was hesitant to use Magnesium because I cannot
even image the volume I would need for the equivalent. Dolomite does not
work in the glazes that iis used because the calcium to magnesium ratio
doesn't work. One of the glazes is Randy's Red (ours is Toby's but very
similar).

Toby's Red ^6
32 gerstly
30 flint
20 kona f4
14 talc
5 epk
15.15 RIO

roughly goes to
32 gerstly
30 flint
20 kona f4
8 magnesium carb
15.15 RIO

When this gets upped to 10000grams that is 800 grams of Magnesium Carb....
That strikes me as a huge volume but I may be remembering wrong.

If you think this is worth the try, I will mix up a batch. Thanks, Donna

I don't think you can use magnesium carbonate... the glaze will
crawl off the pot and out of the studio!

Best regards,

Bob Masta

DAQARTA v3.50
Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis
www.daqarta.com
Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, FREE Signal Generator
Science with your sound card!