Old October 26th 05, 09:24 PM
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska

Default Paper Piecing Demo - what would you want to see or know?

I just taught a paper piecing class. (Fons and Porter's New York
Beauty pattern).

Fold and crease the paper along the sewing lines *before* you start
sewing. Makes it easier to trim the seam allowances and to tear off
the paper later.

Use an *add a quarter* or *add an eighth* ruler to trim the seam
allowances.

Open toe foot on the sewing machine; adjust the stitch length to
smaller than usual. I use a 14 (or 90) needle.

I made a sample of the arc piecing for each step of the process for
each student or table of students. That way they could hold it in
their hands, twist it about and ask questions.

Great fun was had by all. After 3 hours, each student left with one
beautifully made New York Beauty block.

joan