Old December 12th 03, 03:37 PM
B Vaughan

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 08:25:10 -0500, Yarn Forward
wrote:

Thanks to the Internet, you can buy yarn from anywhere in the world and have it
shipped anywhere in the world.

I've been afraid to order yarn (or other things) from the US since I
heard of the outrageous customs and shipping fees that were being
added to packages mailed from the US (apart from what the sender
paid). Twice people here in Italy that I know received packages with
fees attached that were more than the value of the articles inside.
They had to pay these fees or refuse delivery of the articles.

Supposedly, these fees were added because the US postal service had
contracted package handling to the British Royal Mail, who added the
fees.

Even before that, though, I had to pay a rather hefty customs fee for
something I bought online in the US.
--------
Barbara Vaughan

My email address is my first initial followed by my last name at libero dot it.