Old December 27th 04, 01:46 AM
C Ryman

According to one book the freezer test isn't a true compatibility test but a
test for stress. I don't know if fusing and testing small pieces of glass
will do. If the pieces you need fused aren't to big ( for stained glass?)
then just fuse it and test it with the freezer and hot water. There is the
polarized lens test but I don't know what you have in India.

--
Connie Ryman
Cryman Studio

"nimu" wrote in message
oups.com...
hi
I'm wondering how accurate is the freezer test for compatibility?
In India , there's no stockist of tested fusible glass. I have to make
do with the glass which is available for stained glass. & some of the
spectrum system 96 which I have brought from SD is what I'm using for
testing with all sorts of colored glass that are available for me. the
choice is very very limited.
The freezer test I do is like this. Clear system96 on colored glass of
undetermined type is full fused & then is kept in the freezer for a
day. remove & put it in hot water. Almost all the glasses seems to have
withstood this test.
Now, I feel this is strange as I'm yet to come accross a tested pc
which has failed this test. Is the freezer test 100%conclusive?
Or shd I resign myself to depending on copper/silver foils for adding
color to float glass?
thanx in advance
nirmala