Old June 1st 08, 05:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default If you love quilts... and love cows.... OR

Oh, I saw a few of those a couple years ago! I didn't realize it was a
changing exhibit every year. Cool.

--
Pat
"steve" wrote in message
mmunications...
Hi

Every year in the winter Anchorage chooses 30 or so people that they give
fiberglass salmon to, to be decorated. They are then placed around town
and
at the end of summer are auctioned off for charity. Many years there has
been one that seems to have a quilty theme to it. If memory serves me
right, something like this is done in or near the Gatlinburg area. It
might
have been somewhere else but they used Bears I think.

http://www.wildsalmononparade.com/

Really fun to see.

Steven
Alaska