Old June 17th 06, 04:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay

Default Pasta Machines

Forgot to answer you second question...as far as which one to pick, I
can't weigh in on an opinion until I use the Makin's machine. Those PC
folks that did use the first version of the machine liked it quite a bit.

Barbara

http://www.penguintrax.com and http://www.backseatgrammarian.com

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting with site builder and 50 apps? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com.

TheDormouse wrote:

I see that PCE is selling Makins' "Ultimate Clay Machine." Is that an
unrecalled version 1, or an early release of version 2? Do you have any idea
what the problems were with the Makins product, or were they making
improvements to their existing model? (think I read that somewhere) If you
had to choose between a Makins or an Atlas, which would you pick?

P.S. Barbara--I checked out the BSG site and saw that a lot of the pics were
taken in Florida--are Floridians especially bad when it comes to mutilating
the English language, or do you live there?

TheDormouse

I've heard it is very good, although they pulled the first version off
the market due to problems. Version 2 is to be shipped soon and early
reports are positive.

Barbara

http://www.penguintrax.com and http://www.backseatgrammarian.com

TheDormouse wrote:

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Makins' new pasta
machine. My Trattorina got smushed during a recent move (ouch), and I

can't

afford to get a new one, so I'm trying to decide whether to get an Atlas

180

or the new toy in town. Since Makins' pasta machine was made specifically
for clay, it sounds like it should be the best choice, but I don't know

if

it's 'tried and true' like the Atlas is. Any comments/suggestions would

be

much appreciated.

TheDormouse